We have had so many adventures already just in Namibia and we have really loved it. It is already hard to imagine what could possibly be our top ten for our whole trip! Of the things we experienced in Namibia this September, this would be my top ten – in no particular order:
- Himba people: Such a beautiful & elegant tribe
- Sossusvlei: beautiful dunes at sunrise
- Kaokoveld: Van Zyls Pass to Okangwati – a true 4x4 track
- The vast wilderness
- Rock engravings: from 2,000 to 6,000 years old. You could see they had drawn maps of waterholes & where to find each animal when hunting. And they had taught their children spoors so they could track animals. Fascinating.
- Etosha National Park: Herds of elephant, pride of lions, five rhino…and that was all in just a few hours. Such a treat.
- Epupa Falls: So much water and greenery after such a long drive through desert is quite striking.
- Spotting animals on a “normal” drive – exhilarating and hard to stay calm. Binoculars were always at the ready.
- Friendly people, everywhere! There was always a smile or a wave for us wherever we went. It felt like such a welcoming country.
- Lodges & Campsites: Rostock Ritz Camp, Aabadi Mountain Camp, Rustig Toko Lodge, Etosha Aoba Lodge.
We loved Namibia – we are sure we will be back soon!